Sunday, February 22, 2009

Birthdays and Motocross

The trickers that were the 'half time' show.
So in light of reading the next picture's title first, this is one person that was not only on a small bike, but it was a teeny bike. He was hilarious to watch go around the track because he could barely sit on the bike without his feet hitting the ground..
To explain the picture above.. for one race they did a spoof where it was older people but on little tiny bikes, so this is the starting line and you can see how big they are and how small the bikes are.
My only clear picture of people jumping the very end, but if you look at the videos below you get lots of live action shots.



There were actually two highlights to this week! The first one is that my adorable niece is a year old! On February 19, Eva Bug celebrated her birthday and though I didn't get to talk to her because she was asleep by the time I called, her parents were both very happy that she had a good birthday and I got to see lots of cute pictures :)

The next exciting thing that happened, if you couldn't figure it out by the title, is that we got to go to a motocross event yesterday at Arco Arena (the Delta Center of Sacramento). Keith scored some free tickets from school and took quite a big crowd out there. It was me, Keith, Laura, Jacob, Jeffrey, Robert, Beau, and Beau's roommate. We all got to sit together up in the nosebleed section (which actually really wasn't that high because the arena is pretty small... So it actually had a perfect view). It was hilarious to visit and spend some time with my roommates and to make some new friends.. I have cousins that do racing for Almond Racing, but I didn't know much about the sport until last night when I was asking everyone around me questions so that I could learn more. I learned the hard way that the white flag means last lap and the checkered flag means that there has been a winner already. The winner usually does something cool over the last jump of the race and in all my trying to catch it, I kept trying when the checkered flag went up, but by then everyone had slowed down and the trick had passed me by. I got some good pictures and videos which are posted on here just to show you how awesome it was. There was a cool 'half time' show of trickers that set up a steep ramp and did tricks. I got a video of the final run where they all do their best trick and some good still photos too. We saw some wicked crashes and there was also one rider who had to be taken off the track on a stretcher because he crashed so hard. In that heat, they put up the red flag which meant that everyone had to get off the track, wait for the injured rider to be removed, and then continued racing in the order that they were when the race stopped. I was awed at how much cool stuff I learned and by the end of the night, I wanted to get out on the track and try it myself.

After the show we went to McDonald's after Laura made us all crave McFlurries. It was an exciting car ride that I had to battle to keep my shoe on my foot and not have it tied to anything.. I eventually lost because I am no match when Laura is holding me down and Jacob has my foot. My shoe was tied to the seat belt and my sock was stuck into the window.. Luckily both were rescued in time, so that I still have them. I enjoyed spending time with friends and seeing something new.

No comments: