Monday, March 9, 2009

Hair Colors, Tests, Lawn Adventures, and Ladybugs

I got creative and crawled into a bush for this shot. The clouds were awesome. We get some wicked ones around here.

Spring has arrived! This is the street going into my house and it is so beautiful.
This is step one of our backyard.. Up to my ankles just off the porch. It was crazy.
No, it's not a robot. It's our lawn mower. that's how deep our grass was. We almost lost the mower a few times haha

TA DA!!! It's so pretty now and you can actually see the fence.


From our back porch (compare to picture above of forest) is now mucho improved.
My hair started out blonde..

Then changed to a reddish brown colorAnd is now at a real brown color that I like a lot. It's gorgeous!


Well, I am a bit behind on keeping this thing up to date. Well, if you couldn't tell by the title, I have now gone another shade darker for my hair. I finally got it to the shade of brown that I like and I think I will keep it this way for a while. Laura did the dying for me, after I did hers of course. She has gone to a very dark brown, and then the bottom half is black. It is a subtle difference, but looks really good.
I have had lots of tests in school the last few weeks and am happy to say that I have done well on most of them. There is one I don't want to talk about, but I am very proud of myself and all my hard work. And if I did awful on a test (which I admit, I did on a few..), then I did as much extra credit as I could so that I could boost my grade. Hopefully it helped! Ok, now off my soap box..
Work is finally picking up and I'm getting more hours than before. I now have a set schedule which excites me because I am now guaranteed at least twenty hourse a week. Not much, but still more than i had before! Still the same, I am job hunting to see if I can use my extra time wisely. I am looking for a waitressing job, and have actually found a few places that are hiring.
I am very excited to announce that we got a puppy.. Well sorta. Her name is Dutchess and she is an eleven year old German Shepherd and she is actually really big, though we all just call her Puppy anyway. Well, it's Keith's mom's dog, but we are watching her for a few months and we decided taht we needed to unbury our backyard so that when she went outside we didn't lose her in the shrubbery. I borrowed a lawn mower from Colton's family and we all went to work. Me, Laura, and Shane all hit hyperfocus together and cleaned the entire yard. It's not that big, but when you have to mow it, it seems much bigger. We stayed out for an hour and a half with Shane mowing and Laura and I going around the perimeter where the mower couldn't reach and pulling out weeds, some of them almost as long as my leg. It was actually a lot of fun and the ground was damp from recent rain, so everything mostly came out well. We had to clean out the mower quite a few times because with the wet grass it made it very hard to get it to work right. We have about five bags of grass and about three of just weeds. It was a lot of work, but oh my it looks amazing! I have posted here pictures of before and after so that you can see the difference..
Laura gave me the nickname ladybug because I would point out every ladybug that I came across. In our little backyard, there were tons! I saw probably at least thirty and I kept running out of names. I was very intrigued though because I remember working in the yard at home and was always excited to find a ladybug. One bug that I actually enjoy finding..
That is about all that is exciting for the last few weeks. Enjoy pictures!

No comments: