Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm Very Behind, So I'm Not Even Going to try to Catch Up..


It poured rain today and afterwards the clouds cleared and we had a gorgeous, perfect rainbow! It was so bright, you could see all the individual colors.

Well, to sum up the last four months in a few quick sentences.. I got a 4.0 for my first semester and survived my finals. I got a job at Aeropostale in Arden Mall and only worked there for a few months because I was seasonal, but I got some freaking cute clothes while I was there! Laura got a job there as well, but not the same location as me. I went home for Christmas and had a blast visiting friends and family alike. January was a flash of lots of spare time because I was between jobs and semesters. Now I am a full time student at American River college, I'm taking Stats, Biology, Core Conditioning, Personal Safety, and Psychology Human Development. I love it all! I'm so happy to be back in school and learning again. I missed it dearly. I got a new job at Target thanks to my roommate Keith who currently works there and got me the go in to call for an interview. I work as Instocks and I love it. I have enjoyed learning new things and working with new people. I also get to train on Plano and learn something different and new. I enjoy working at Target and have a good day every day of work.
Well, today I have been feeling very nostalgic so I am going to post some videos and pictures that I found that mean a lot to me. These are a look back over a lot of time this last year I believe.. I will now try to update this at least every two weeks. I update my facebook probably every day, you think I'd have a little more motivation for this one haha.
This last week has been filled with working and getting ready for my first two tests which were today. On Saturday I went up to Cisco Grove with the ward to go sledding and see that snow really does exist in California. We got up there and donned our gear and hit the slopes. We had a gigantic tube that fit three people and we had a blast cramming as many people as we could on it to go down the hills. Well, after practicing control on the little hills we headed over to the monster hill that was basically the side of the mountain. I went down it on the tube with Patrick and Colton, but I'm the only one who made it to the bottom of the hill and that's because I was injured and couldn't move to get off. I fell into the hole in the middle and slammed the snow when we went over a jump. I bruised my hip bone and have been on the mend with lots of ice and TLC since then.
Well, one of the videos on here is of Eva, my niece and just last week I found out that she is gong to be a big sister, and not only that but to TWINS! I am so excited that Rachel is having twins! But all growing up I wished I had a twin and that I could have twins, now she is living my dream, but that's ok :) Shannon and I decided we may as well be twins because we have so much of the same taste and are so alike. She just came a few years early.. My other twin is Laura and living with her has been very interesting. We get along most the time and I love having her here to talk to and go through life here in California with.
Oh, and on the light of new things that have happened in the last few months, we got a new roommate. His name is Keith and he is 23 and goes to UTI with Laura and Shane. Actually, Laura met him in class because they had a class together and she thought he would be a good person to live with, so she brought him over to show him the house and we all got to meet him. We couldn't find any downside to him moving in so we let him.. He moved in on December third and it has been very interesting getting used to having someone new in the house. We have our usual traditions with us three, so now we get to do everything with Keith too and one more person makes it lots of fun. It has been entertaining living with him and he has introduced rock band into our house which makes for some very fun nights with me, him and Shane. (Laura has sworn off guitar hero and rock band) He has been fun to get to know and it's been great having our house finally full instead of one ominous empty bedroom.
Over Christmas break I got to fly back to Utah and spend five days with my family at my uncle's cabin up in the Rocky Mountains by Strawberry Resorvoir. It was a blast and we had to snowmobile in the last four miles, that was quite an adventure! I got to stand on the sleigh on the back with Rachel and Eva in front of me. We had our share of snow with 1 foot Christmas Eve and 2 feet Christmas Day. It was very nice to spend time with my family because it had been so long since I had seen them. We had fun playing games and chatting. I was then home for another week where I got to spend time with my friends that I've missed and got to go to two missionary farewells of my friends that are leaving. James Lawrence went to Honolulu, Hawaii, and Carson Williams went to the Dominican Republic. It will be a long two years without these two! I went to a few parties for New Year's and this was my first year to get a New Year's Kiss! I rode the train home the next day and had a really good time on the sixteen hour ride through desert, salt plains and mountains alike. It was a beautiful ride and I made some friends along the way.
Well, along with living with three UTI students I sure get my share of work on our cars, particularly Laura's. She has a '98 Chevy S10 Blazer and over this last month I have helped her replace her ball joints, idler arm, wheel hub, bang out her back plate, change her oil, change my oil and some other random small jobs. I have gotten use to greasy hands and I love to get down and dirty and learn new things. It has been an educating experience with her learning so much just from asking her questions and her willingness to teach me.


I loved being home for the holidays so that I could spend some time with my siblings!
Chantel and I were living it up on the 'wedding stone' in front of the Salt Lake Temple. While in Salt Lake I went to Temple Square to see the lights. It was beautiful and so much fun to hang out with friends!
Next, it was Bryce's turn to take a picture with me in front of the temple.
This is probably the cutest picture of Eva ever, I was using the smile shutter on my camera which will only take pictures when it detects a smile, so I smiled the whole time and just waited for her to flash one so the camera could capture it!




Top: This is me getting my finger too close to Eva who immediately opened her mouth and bit me. So I tried to wiggle my finger out and this is what I got!

Second: This was a few weeks ago at a tumbling gym and I have been learning arials for a while now and I'm finally getting them figured out. I learned how to throw back tucks a bit different, so there is me trying it out and doing better than the cheer prep!

Third: This is an amazing stunt that we were going to do for the field opener last year and our group was the only one who did it right. Notice when Marlies comes down she is still holding the Arabesc, she doesn't need to touch the ground because we are amazing enough to be able to get her back up there. This is by far my favorite stunt and my favorite group! I miss my girls!

Bottom: This guy's name is Hawk and he's a famous tricker here in Sacramento. He was at the tumbling gym doing tricks and parkour and we were talking about corkscrews, which is the trick that he does, and I got him to do one for me. His are so high and so pretty! I want to learn one!

1 comment:

Marlies said...

haha i was just looking at your blog because i haven't in forever and noticed that there i was flying! haha i don't even remember doing that stunt!?