Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

This last week has taken my whole world and turned it upside down. I'm a bit behind on keeping up with my blog, so I will do a brief overview. We had our first cheer competition and we did so freakin' good! Everything hit and it went better than we had expected it to. We did the Make A Wish fundraiser for school, and we raised 29,000 dollars!
Last Friday my dad called me while I was over at my friend's house and told me that my grandma was in the hospital with Strep Throat, and Pneumonia. We were all very worried and Saturday morning my parents went down to St. George, as did all of her other kids. Saturday morning she was in critical condition and moved to the ICU. Sunday morning I was very shaky and I asked for a blessing from my friend's bishop. Instead, I got the entire bishopric! It was an amazing blessing and I am so grateful that I asked for it. It helped a lot. Me, Shannon and Brandon went down Sunday morning and went to visit. It was a very scary experience to spend so much time in the hospital waiting for better conditions. After much fasting and prayers, she has improved. They are considering taking off her breathing tube tomorrow so that she will be able to be awake and talk. Unfortunately, only my dad is down there from my family. We all had to come back because of work and other things. I'm happy she's doing well and I hope she pulls through. We had a very brief Christmas, and then continued with our ritual of heading to the hospital again. I think this is the longest I've spent in a hospital waiting room..
Last Saturday I went on two dates. I saw I Am Legend with one of my friends from school. It was awesome and he was a lot of fun to hang out with. Then I went on another big group date with Shanda, Laura, and Heather, plus our dates. It was a lot of fun, but my date kinda ignored me. I tried to still smile and have fun.
Well, that is about it in a nutshell..

1 comment:

The Hazard Chronicles said...

I am so happy that grandma is doing better. I am also happy that I was able to come and visit you before Christmas! I had a blast and it was fun to hang out with you. I enjoyed being a guest speaker for your class and meeting some of your friends. I love you Marissa! Have a fabulous week.