Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Holiday Season Has Finally Arrived!

Well this last week sure has been interesting. We had our first basketball game and for being the first one it didn't go too bad. Now, if it had been our last one it would have been considered a disaster.. We did lots of stunting and tumbling though, so at least that part went well.. Friday right after school I was supposed to leave on my way up to Aspen Grove for Silent Weekend.. we made it about five miles and a few thousand verticle feet below the site, but were stopped by a horrible snow storm. The director going up in his car slid back down and a bus would have made things messy. I am not one that likes buses and I got very ill on the way back down because it was a windy canyon and we were sliding so the way that I thought we were headed ended up changing slightly on me. I spent the whole way back down and all the way back down to Jordan with my head on my pillow in Crapo's lap staring out the front window. I was sad because I really wanted to meet other people and be social, but those ideas were quickly dashed :(. The director told us to go home and that no one was coming up or going down. It is a good thing we turned around because in that one snow storm (that didn't stop until about noon the next day) we got seven inches in the valley and up to twenty in the mountains! Had we gone up there we would have been stranded and not allowed to come back.
Because of how sick I was coming home from the bus ride I fell asleep and unfortunately slept right through the basketball game that I should have gone to because Silent Weekend fell through.
I went to the temple Saturday morning as usual and had a date with my friend Tyler last night. We went ice skating with the youth ages 18 - 30 in Shanda's stake. It was such a blast! Tyler is so much fun and we had a good time trying to stay up and not run over anyone. Shanda was there also with her friend Brennen so we had more company. I'm very sore today and I have a small bruise where I hit my shin with the blade of my skate as I fell (intentionally of course, with Tyler holding my hand and coming down with me..). After not falling the entire time we decided we had to fall just to say that we had to we basically jsut sat down and slid a few feet. Then proceeded to go forward about twenty feet wehre I was tripped by a friend and fell flat on my butt. Only to get up and about ten feet later fall again, this time with Shanda by my side.
Right on schedule on December 1 we got the first real snow fall. It's as if the world has decided to actually start winter and make sure that everyone knows. I dont' think anyone missed the memo.. Though it snowed so much it makes for some pretty pictures and for some amazing sunsets.
Last weekend I went to two parties with Shanda and at the first one I met a boy named Kai that looks so much like Rufio that it's scary haha. We've been talking the last week and he's a sweet kid. We're a lot alike and he's fun to talk to. Unfortunately, he is somewhat bitter right now because he thought that I was leading in for some major relationship, but I don't really want one right now and that kinda tore him down. Hopefully he'll get over it, but we'll see how things turn out. Saturday night was a blast and I watched Hairspray with a bunch of theatre friends from Riverton High School. We talked and laughed and had a fun time. I love spending time with them because I can truly be myself around them and enjoy their company.
Well that pretty much wraps up my last two weeks, now I'm off to make cookies for our neighbor that came over and helped us clear our driveway of the snow yesterday so that we did not have to shovel it..

No comments: