Sunday, September 21, 2008

Not a Very Thrilling Week..

I updated this mid-week so now it's weird to be doing it so soon, but I made a goal to update it every Sunday. Yes, I know I've said this before so hopefully this time I can stick with it.
Well, I found out that I got a 92% on my very first college test! It was nutrition and not hard because I studied like mad! But I was very happy to do well. This week has been a continuation of job searching and trying to find some place that will hire me. I have been here for over a month and I am still finding myself unemployed. Laura and Shane got a job today at Sears Auto Center. They are very excited and should start at the end of this week.
I am hoping that I get the job at Barnes and Noble because it just fits so well with who I am and the fact that I LOVE to read. I've applied to a lot of restaurants too and those would be ideal jobs as well because servers here in California get minimum wage of $8.00 per hour plus tips instead of like $2.13 per hour like they do in Utah.
Well, I have made lots of friends here. I am trying to make friends in every class and it's hardest in Nutrition because everyone is so quiet, but I've managed to at least get some that I can talk to in class. Psychology I have a few friends and the teacher is really awesome.. Plus there's this really cute boy but I haven't really talked to him much :) In Sociology I have three friends who I met the first day. Tehy are very funny and one of them is in my ward! Plus I talk to my teacher a lot. She signs with me because her daughter is Deaf, so she knows some ASL. In English I think I am friends with my entire class. The class being focused around argument we always talk and before class too. It's been a lot of fun and that is by far my favorite class.
Well, this week I'm hitting job searching straight on and hard. I need a job, I cannot wait around anymore and I'm going crazy just sitting around at home!
No pictures this week because nothing exciting happened, unless you want a picture of my test haha :)

No comments: