Monday, July 21, 2008

Lots of Vacationing


Our infamous tree. We have a picture in this tree when I was about... 8? And I'm in the same position as I was when I was younger. Only this time I climbed there myself instead of my dad just putting me up there..
Our whole family with the cute bride and groom.. Joe and Heidi
Bam! The one in the middle is me. This is our China dance.. We're contortionists so every move is some flexy thing. It was great fun.
Our four girl stunt group mid hand spring. Mckelle is the little one in green, our flyer. I'm the one in orange shorts. Dani is the one in pink. And Caleigh is the one in green in the back.

My strange family playing with all the balloons after the show. We got some fun pictures!


My oh so concentrated look as I did the word search on the back of the Nerds box and wouldn't let my mother help me. She thought she could be sneaky and get a picture of me being mean, but I just stuck my tongue out at her.
This is how we slept in the car.. Stacked


This is Shannon and I right after we caught the flowers

This is us after we tried to decide who got to keep the flowers..

Me on graduation day.. I have a collar for NHS, a cord for honor roll, a cord for NHS, and then everyone got a medallion because we are the 100th graduating class from Jordan High.

At least one of us looks cute.. But mom is always cute :)
My entire family on graduation day. But my poor sister Rachel couldn't make it because she lives in Ohio, but I know she wanted to be there and I feel so bad about leaving her out of this picture! I still love ya Rachel:) They all came to support me. Bryce did too.


Little did you know but that is me on the back of the motorcycle.. In so much gear that I don't look at all like myself. It's my dad and Brandon's gear. The helmet is the only thing that fits..


Well, since July 4th I have played with many explosives and spent WAY too many hours cooped up in a car or on a motorcycle. On July 10th my family all piled into one car and drove down to LA for Joe's wedding. He was married on July 12th in the LA temple. It was very fun to go down and see the temple and such. We stayed in the temple apartments and it was awesome to be so close to the temple. We tinkered around LA on Friday night and were going to go to the beach but there were so many people that we just drove by it and then headed back. Saturday was a good lazy day. We went to a beach in Ventura and the water was perfect! We played in the sand with all the little sand crabs.
Then we headed up to Buellton for the reception that was at the church that night. While getting ready I found out that I got a four on each of the AP tests I took. I took Calculus and English. The most exciting part of that was that Shannon and I caught the boquette. Then Brandon caught the Garder. We got back to the hotel late and all fell asleep immediately. We were all toasted.
The next morning we stopped in at Paula's Pancake House in Solvang and had breakfast. It was very good! Then came the long trip home. After taking an hour detour to get three tires for the car and a trip to the beach we finally headed home. It was the longest trip ever! We left about 9:00 California time after our long detour and we didn't get home until 1:20 a.m. Utah time. We had to change drivers a lot and stopped in Hurricane to drop dad off for a few days. I read a lot, watched movies, slept and we played a guessing game. We had some very random things to guess. Caution cones, telephone pole, anteater, tractor, stuffed animal, etc. It was very fun to come up with things to guess.
Tuesday morning Rachel and Logan came into Utah. I didn't see them much because I was working, but on Wednesday and Thursday we all took a trip up to Steve's cabin. It was gorgeous weather and I got to ride the motorcycle all the way up there with Brandon. It was a very fun filled two days. We went four wheeling, I read a lot, played games, played on the kid killer (long story but it's basically a telephone pole swing thing that is near the edge of a cliff..) and had a lot of fun visiting together.
Friday was my last day as a nanny. It was bittersweet. We went to Olive Garden for lunch and then headed up to their house so that I could help them pack because they left for Europe on Saturday. I didn't ever want to leave their house. It meant that things were really ending. I finally managed to leave. Only a few tears were shed. I will miss them so much. After 2 1/2 years with them I have developed a great love for those kids. I have learned a lot and now know a lot of tips of what to do and what not to do when I become a parent.
I went on a beautiful hike up Little Cottonwood Canyon with Bryce on Saturday. It was sweltering heat in the valley, but up in the mountains it was perfect. Lots of wild flowers.
This week I am going to California to find a house and going to the cabin again this weekend with Bryce and my parents. (Yes, we're all very surprised and ecstatic that his parents said yes..) I found out today that I have enough money for school and found some prospective jobs. The whole California idea is finally coming together.

2 comments:

Marlies said...

Cute dance pics :) and congrats on graduation!!

The Hazard Chronicles said...

Great pictures, but I almost cried when you said that was your entire family that came on graduation day. :(