Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Bit Behind.. As Usual

Well, apparently June got busy. After graduation a spent a lot of time working and hanging out with Bryce. Then, he left me for EFY and so I have been working a lot. I also took a road trip to California to try and find a house so that when I move down in a month I won't have to live in a box behind a Target. It was so much fun to go down with my future roommates and spend some time with them and get to know them better. There was the usual drama, but it all turned out ok in the end. I got mad at Danny for not putting his seat belt and it turned into a long battle, with me winning out in the end. We found a house that we really liked, but only Shane and I agreed on it so we decided that we are going to go down again and find one just a few days before we decide to move down. I got to talk to Bryce nearly every night and it was fabulous to keep in touch. He was home about halfway through my vacation down there so I could finally talk to him instead of having to limit our texts. We spent a day in San Francisco and on a beach just south of that. I got back and was so excited to see Bryce at least for a brief moment. It was only for a half hour though.. The next day he left for Youth Conference where he was gone for three days and didn't even have his phone. It was a very boring three days.. I spent lots of time with Laura though. We went shopping together, played games at my house and just hung out to talk. It was nice to see her because we have both been putting our time toward other things and haven't really seen each other very much.

Bryce's birthday was Sunday and I was gone, so on Thursday after he got back I took him up to South Mountain and created a bunch of memories we had. I played Secondhand Serenade because we went to their concert, I locked myself out of my car (with a hide a key of course), going to a place we've looked out at before, watching sunset which we always talked of doing, we could see a pool that I had so intelligently gotten my car stuck in the snow and had to be rescued, and a lot of other memories from south mountain. It was so nice to see him after like two weeks and to just relax in his arms. I missed him more than I realized. The next morning he left me again for Florida for a biotech competition. I've been talking to him on the phone and via text. I almost couldn't because he dropped his phone in a fountain at the airport in Denver. Yeah, he's a smart cookie :) Luckily it decided to work again!

I got to go to my uncle's cabin with my parents and just chill over night. I finished a book with my mom (the thirteenth reality, which was a very good book), finished a sewing project I started when I was like 10, started and finished an entire book(the giver), learned how to paint flowers and leaves from my mom, started another book, and had lots of time to just relax and sleep. It was so much fun to go up and to reminisce of memories of when I was young. The only difference was that I didn't have all my siblings there too. We talked about going up there next month when Rachel comes to visit and taking friends up there for an overnight stay. I also got to go four wheeling on this huge freaking four wheeler. The biggest one I've ever driven, it was a 600 twin sportsman polaris. It was a blast though. And right up from Strawberry Reservoir so it was a pretty drive no matter which direction you went. Well I'm starting dance camp tomorrow and I'm so excited that I get to dance again! It'll be lots of fun! Hopefully I'll keep up to date on my blog now.. though I doubt it :)

No comments: